Is it Clean?
High Salt Effect:
• The water in the float tank is about 40% epsom salt.
• No pathogenic organisms can survive salt concentrations above about 10%.
• An Ozonator uses ozone gas to remove odors & impurities, as well as destroy pathogenic organisms such as viruses and bacteria. Large commercial ozonators are used at water plants to make water drinkable.
• Skimmers are used to keep the water clear of hair and debris.
• The water is filtered for 3 cycles, through a 10 micron filter, after each float.
• There are no dangerous chemicals used in our water. Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is used to clean the walls and ceiling of the tank.
• We regularly measure and maintain the pH, alkalinity, specific gravity, and temperature of the tanks.
Floating is much cleaner than being in a public swimming pool or hot tub.